It’s simple really. I love chocolate. Yep, that about covers it.
Today I was craving something dense, chocolate-y, but not a sugar-laden mess. I’ve also been thinking about chocolate covered bananas. I have no idea why, except that the flavor combo of chocolate and bananas really floats my boat.
Sometimes you just have to face these things head-on…am I right?
So here’s what I created…chocolate-y, a little gooey, a little banana-y (wow I’m really pulling out those high-tec adjectives aren’t I?) and super quick! My oldest daughter loved it still warm, and my youngest loved it chilled. I’m easy…don’t let that get around…and I liked it both ways. So be sure to take a taste both warm and cold and see what floats YOUR boat!
Paleo Flourless Chocolate Banana Cakes
4 oz Dark Chocolate (72% or higher), chopped
2 TBSP Organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 C Organic Maple Syrup (or raw organic honey)
1/4 C Pumpkin Puree (organic canned pumpkin – or you can use mashed sweet potatoes)
2 Small ripe bananas, mashed
3 Organic eggs
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1) Melt chocolate slowly in the microwave. I like to put it in for about 20 seconds, stir, then heat at 10 second increments until melted.
2) In a medium bowl mix together cocoa powder, maple syrup, pumpkin, bananas, eggs and vanilla.
3) Add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
4) Pour batter into 4 greased ramekins and bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set and firm to the touch.
5) Cool slightly and serve! Or chill fully, refrigerate and serve the next day.